Jerry D Gray, The Thirst Finally Answered

Jerry D Gray, The Thirst Finally Answered


                From childhood up before going to the Emirates, I have never met a Muslim, to hear the call to prayer(adzan) or even look at the mosque. Nevertheless I believe that Jesus was not the son of God. At the age of 12 years I've been thinking about God. Age 14, I begun lazy to go to church.


I'm lazy to go there because the place was not able to eliminate my thirst to know about God. I'm tired of every time I comes to church they always treated with a lot of greeting hallelujah. In fact, what I need is enlightenment and clarity of who is Lord and what is my life mission in this world.

I believe in God and I want to enter the god's heaven. But in this religion I smell something wrong because I have to believe in Jesus as the son of God. Fortunately my grandmother at home oftenly tells stories about God, so I prefer to listen to my grandma. During my religion to her, he never says that Jesus is the son of God. But on the other hand, in the church I used to blame, because I did not want to admit that Jesus as the Son of God.

If Jesus was a child of God, why did Moses, Abraham and Adam did not become a child of God? But, if possible, thus Adam is the most deserving to be the son of God because he had no mother and father. My confidence grew after reading a compelling story of Moses wanted to see God.

Moses finally allowed to see a little light of God at the peak of very dark granite mountains. Just a little reflect of God's light, the mountain start quaking and dazzling, Moses fainted. Based on the story, if true Jesus is the son of God, surely people who see Jesus are going to die or pass out. It's not, it means that Jesus is not the son of God!

Almost Crying
I always pray that I be given the correct guidance about God. After military service in the Air Force, I was asked to be a private aircraft maintenance King Fadh in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. I refused because of my fear of being killed by Muslims. I better idle.

I stayed in the car at the end of the pier in Hawaii. Every day I fishing. When get  fish, I eat, if I do not get any fish I starved. Mostly I just drink from the tap water that was there.

Six months so on. Ever three days in a row I did not eat at all, just drink  because I dont get any fish. But I do not want to commit suicide. I cried, begged, for God to provide me a way out.

But the offer came again. I think God was angry with me. Because I do not get another job, but was told to go to Arabic. Eventually my friends advise me to accept the offer. I already went there.

In Jeddah I saw the events is very unusual, very different from my previous image. It turns out that Muslims are so obedient to the Lord and good to me. When they heard the call to prayer(adzan) they immediately left all activities for prayer.

Similarly, when I shop for gold. I heard adzan. The gold store door's open wide. While in the store there is no one. Anyone who intends to steal the gold, it would be very easy to pick it up. But why the owner left the stores without someone take over it? I stood in front of the store waiting for the gold sellers to appear.
After the adzan, suddenly the streets become clear of human traffic. No security guards. At least once in a time I saw a police reprimand some passers-by for immediate prayer.

Shortly thereafter, the shop owner came and said, "Why not get in? 'I replied," No way ". "Why not?" He said. "I'm afraid alleged thief, later cut my hand," I answered as far as I know the person who stole his hand will be cut. Usually white people who came to Jeddah invited to witness cutting the hands of thieves every Friday afternoon.

"Just get in, because all of this belongs to God, not mine," said the shop owner. "Whatever you need, take! Maybe you need it more than me? "He continued. He said that , all of this belongs to God and will return to God.

I was touched and want to cry hearing the sincere greeting. I really want to have faith like that. Hear the call to prayer he prayed. People want to take or not take his money, he had no problem. The important thing when God told him to pray and he must  leave all his property faith to God.

Reasonable
The incident made me so interested to know more of Islam. I so much discussion about Islam. Included with Ahmad, a member of the Saudi Arabian Air Force. He gave ne Qur'an with English translation.

He shows verse that states Jesus(Isa) the son of Mary(Mariam) is the servant and messenger of God, not the son of God. Ahmad said, Isa is another name of Jesus, while Mariam, another name of the Virgin Mary.

Approximately three verses I read. I am no longer strong enough to continue reading it, because I want to cry. I do not want to cry in front of people. I am very sure, here's the answer from God. Apparently I was told to Jeddah was not because God was angry, but because God answered my prayers.

Then his friend Ahmad, who was named Rosyid come home. He told me that in one of the mosques in Jeddah there is Islamic school starts in the evening that use English to teaching.

"If you want to know more about Islam came to the mosque, later I'll take," said Rosyid. At the school there was a discussion. My heart is amazed. Incredibly, this clever teacher. Everything he said made sense. The argument is so spiritually and lightening.

He said that God is one not two, not three, all were created by God and depend on God. God has no children nor parents. No one can be like God. As well as humans living in this world to serve God alone. For single hour of discussion, my heart actually already accepted Islam. I just dont want to declare to the teacher.
That night I could not sleep. Continue to recount the teacher's words.

 Finally on the third day I decided to convert to Islam. I say two sentences creed(Shahadah). After the teacher stood up and kissed my right and left cheek. Teachers encourage everyone who was there to stand in line for cipika-cipiki me. I was surprised to receive that such treatment. Then I understood that it was an incredible expression of love among Muslims[Joko prasetyo

#sorry the transalation were so bad ! , but i tried at least you understand. Thanks for reading , and may allah opens your heart ;))

No comments

Powered by Blogger.